The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation is focused on improving the quality of life of disadvantaged communities – and within those particularly of young people – throughout Russia and the world, in collaboration with other global organizations.
Registered in Lucerne, Switzerland.
The bulk of the funding available to the foundation is from Polyus PJSC. The company was purchased by Said Kerimov, Suleyman Kerimov’s son, who is a member of the Strategy Committee.
Primarily supports Russian charities and initiatives, but also operates in the rest of the world.
The Foundation distributes its philanthropic efforts across a diverse range of areas, including:
- Learning and education
- Social services
- Sports development
- Economic development
- Infrastructure development
- Promotion of diversity and tolerance in religion
In 2015, the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation donated over $33 million to various non-profit organizations, programs and projects.
Foundation Contact Info
Tel: +41 (0) 800 700 000
Fax: +41 (0) 800 700 001
The Kerimov Foundation awards grants on a case-by-case basis rather than through cause-based programs. The current primary focus of the foundation is in donations to religious projects. Funding to education, infrastructure, social services and individual projects is awarded on a case by case basis. Grants in 2015 to various faith based projects has increased.
Main Criteria for Funding Projects
The Kerimov Foundation’s criteria for funding projects are dependent upon the organisation’s specific funding area: for each one the Foundation provides a short summary of how it wishes to assist development. Individuals or organizations interested in applying for a grant are invited to request an application form by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since its founding in 2007, the Suleyman Kerimov Foundation has funded over 390 initiatives, including:
- Dobrodetel Foundation (Russia, 2013 – 2015), 100 million Russian rubles – Support for the construction of the Moscow Mosque Cathedral which reopened in September 2015.
- Foundation of Zarechensky (Russia, 2013), 400 million Russian rubles – Support for the construction of a new school in Zarechensk
- Spoundation Motion Pictures (Switzerland, 2012), $500,000 – Support for the Zurich Film Festival
- Oktyabrskiy Concert Hall (Russia, 2012), 10 million Russian rubles – Renovation of St. Petersburg concert hall and purchase of new equipment
- Dagestan Regional Charity Foundation (China, 2010), $611,600 – Special medical program in China for the treatment of Russian children with infantile cerebral paralysis (ICP)
- Dagestan State University (Russia, 2010), 3 million Russian rubles – Support of the development of the University’s ‘KVN Team’, competing in Russia’s televised performing arts challenge
- Medical Treatment (Individuals), various – Support of medical treatment for children has been given to University Hospital Jerusalem, University Clinic of Hamburg and the Gift of Life Foundation in Russia.
The Suleyman Kerimov Foundation was established in 2007 as a philanthropic initiative by its founder, the eponymous Suleyman Kerimov.